1. What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?
I've been a knitter for 1 1/2 years. I also dabble in a little hand-sewing and have a sewing machine but haven't used it much. That will change now that I have a...dum dum dum...craft room! (Posts to follow about that once I get it set up.)
2. Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
I've been vegan for 7 years.
3. Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
I did Vegan Pal 1 and also 3 Secret Pals. I love when my pals write/comment often so I know they are paying attention to get to know me, and when they get me little things that are just right because of something I've mentioned in a post, or a photo I've taken.
4. What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
I love all fall colors and earth tones. My favorites are eggplant, olive green, forest green, and chocolate brown. Oh, and brick red. I also love black and fire engine red. I'm not a pastel person at all.
5. Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
I'm allergic to cats and dogs, and to cigarettes. I'm also really sensitive to chemical scents so while I love bath and body products, they have to come from a health food store or be otherwise naturally-scented.
6. Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?*
No animals. I'm allergic to cats and dogs and smaller animals are rather blah to me.
7. Do you collect anything?
I'm a birdwatcher, and I love ducks and geese and shore/water birds. I love miniature stationary products, neat post-its or cards with letter press, or small artist drawings. I love nature and most animals. I like antique kitchen implements.
8. Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
I love comfort foods and baked goods. I also love Mexican/African/Italian/Mediterranean foods.
9. What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
I like sour, salty, spicy. I like herbs and almost all spices.
10. What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
I need a few more crochet hooks (I'll list which ones I have later, I think B, D, and G.) I need some tiny circs for sock knitting, like the Knit Picks 0-3. I have plenty of tapestry needles but I do need more blocking T-pins. I have two measuring tapes but no yarn cutter or cute scissors. I have a few row counters but wouldn't mind one of those pink and white ones that lets you track multiple counts like for lace knitting.
11. Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle?
Yes, it's VeganKnitting!
12. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
I like to wear and decorate with retro stuff - 20s-60s but not later than that. I don't have enough pot holders. I can't stick magnets on my fridge. I like cute pins and buttons (both with pin back and to sew). I also love little bags and purses. I like polka dots and strips and argyle. I like designs that are either old-fashioned or very modern. I love to read and I play piano.
13. What scents do you like/dislike?
I love lavender and other herbs like rosemary or lemongrass, rose, citrus. I'm not big on florals except for rose. I like mint.
14. Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
I love Halloween but I also love fall! So, really, whichever you choose would be just fine with me. I'm a former goth so all that black, witchy, skeleton stuff is great. I love to eat and look at pumpkins. I love stews and soups and leaves and fires and scarves and hats and such.
15. Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
I'll tell one of each. My favorite Halloween memory is trick or treating with my mom and a friend. My mom dressed up as a pirate and had a big fake beard. She made my costume every year and that year I was a mixup animal, so I had lion paws, bat wings, a pig nose, dog tail, etc. It was really fun and I was so proud of my costume and of my mom for really acting the Pirate part.
My favorite autumn memories are visiting Central Park (I'm from NYC) right as the leaves are changing and walking all around the park crunching the leaves with my feet and looking at the beautiful colors.